Membership of AtHomeStudios is open to professional artists working from a studio at home, who are willing to attend meetings regularly. Spaces are limited to 20 artists at one time. If you are a professional artist who works from home and would like to join AtHomeStudios, please get in touch.
A professional artist is understood as someone who meets a minimum of three of the criteria listed below.
- Degree or Diploma from a recognised third level college
- One-person show (including time based events) in a recognised gallery or exhibition space
- Participation in an exhibition/visual art event which was selected by a jury in which professional artists or recognised curators participated
- Work has been purchased by Government, local authority, museum or corporate client
- Work has been commissioned by Government, local authority, museum or corporate client
- Have been awarded a bursary, residency, materials grant or otherwise grant aided by the Arts Council/Arts Council of Northern Ireland or other funding body
- Have been awarded tax-exempt status by the Revenue Commissioners, or are on schedule D as a self-employed artist in Northern Ireland